Series: The Wright Brothers
on August 8, 2017
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Enemies to Lovers, Second Chance Romance
A new stand alone enemies-to-lovers romance by USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde...
I always wanted a nice normal boyfriend. The kind you could bring home to your parents. Instead, I fell for Austin Wright.
We tried this once and failed. Hard.
I swore the bad boy Wright who set my body on fire would never get a second chance, because our love is heroin laced gasoline—addicting and destined to go up in flames.
So… I’ve tried to write this review like three times already and it’s just not coming out in a way that I’m happy with. I’m still too spastic over Austin and Julia just generally being awesome and my words aren’t flowing as eloquently as I’d like for them too. With that being said, I think I’ll try a bit of a different format with this review. I’m going to start with point forms and expand slightly where I feel like it. That work? Because I think that’s all I can manage.
– Addiction portrayal, denial, doesn’t want help, etc.
– The struggles that this puts on individual relationships and the main couple because of such
– The inner demand that Julia do what’s best for herself
– The angsty bits
– Did you know that Austin isn’t always a big jerk face? Sometimes he’s actually cute AF!
– Glimpses into sober Austin and what he’s like underneath the facade
– Slip ups. Who doesn’t have them? No one is perfect. Both characters show this.
– Did I mention the angsty bits? They’re the flipping best.
– Don’t worry though, it’s heavy subject matter at times (duh) but not suffocating sort of stuff
– But definitely enough to make you feel your heart tearing a bit
– And a bit more
– Letters. I’m not explaining this at all. It’ll come in due time. But OMG. <3
– The banter, when it doesn’t turn hostile and ruin everyone’s lives
– Favourite book of the series
There’s actually several things that I would’ve liked to see differently/changed/(I don’t know, I’m talking out my butt) that I’ll go over too. Because, you know, real talk. But with that being said, like I mentioned, THIS IS STILL MY FAVOURITE IN THE SERIES SO OBVIOUSLY THIS LIST DOESN’T EVEN MATTER. *deep breath*. I’m just giving some perspective and/or opposing thoughts.
– How it switched so quickly from fighting and disliking Austin to dating him. I wanted him to work at not being an ass and actually show that he deserves a second chance.
– Heidi was nosey and pushy AF, I actually couldn’t stand her in this book.
– Her (Julia) past was randomly thrown in, didn’t necessarily seem to fit. — off hand comments, nothing mentioned until it was a HUGE DEAL to everyone. I just think it could’ve been transitioned a bit better
– Timing was inconsistent — she said they were together almost 2 years ago, friends said a year and a half, he would refer to it as last fall, then it ended up being in a January/February timeframe?
I don’t know, but that’s all I can think of. I can’t wait for Morgan’s book next! I’ve been waiting patiently for hers since the beginning of Jensen’s book!
Soundtrack: When The Lights Go Down by Matt Simons
*An ARC was received in exchange for an honest review.